Monday 2 July 2012

Slow Monday

Well, that was a rather uninteresting but eventful weekend.

I went into Manchester on Saturday and looked around a couple of the tattoo parlours, but none of them really caught my eye. There's one in Afflecks Palace which does Sailor Jerry tattoos, which I'm interested in, but I don't know what the quality of their work is.
Sunday, I played in 3 services at church. The morning service didn't go to well, but nobody minded. In the afternoon, East Lancs Air Cadet force had a flag interred in the church, so I played for that and all went well. Then in the evening for evensong, we sang Bruckners Ave Maria, and I decided to sing the psalm acapella, which turned out to sound fantastic! The choir responded really well, and really blew me away, it was an awesome experience!

I'm sat in work at the moment, waiting for an operating system to install on a mac. Not sure what my last update was on work, but I'm now in charge of all the college's studios and Macs. In September, I will have 8 recording studios, 3 mixing rooms, 2 Mac servers and 110 Macs. Sadly, students can currently carry on booking rooms, which is a real hinderance to our work as I don't know which rooms we need to be in and when. I have a minion (said in an affectionate way) called Beth, who is working hard organising things whilst I build up the images to be deployed for the Macs. I do sometimes question my own managing skills, I feel I need to be more active and start doing more, but there's just a part of me that can't be bothered/is shy. Ah well, I'll get there.

The Mac has just finished its installation, so I should get back to that really. I'll update soon. I'm going to by a notepad to try and sketch some rough ideas out for tattoos. I'm crap at drawing, but I feel if I give it a go, I'll maybe be able to give some people ideas.

Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment