Tuesday 10 July 2012

Morning!

Well, since last writing my blog, a fair few things have happened.

Firstly, on the tattoo front, I went to the Bolton Tattoo Bazzaar at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday, it was fantastic! Got to meet lots of artists, and saw some great artwork being done. Took a few cards of people whos work I was interested in, especially one artist that drew a cartoon koala on someones calf, it looked awesome, and is in a similar design to what I want my 'Kicking Mule' to look like. Anywho, I didn't get anything (I'm looking at having an anchor put on my right arm, part of a half sleeve of classic tattoos) as I don't really have the money at the moment...

I'm broke, because my car is rubbish. The alternator went the other week, which cost £240 to replace, and then Saturday morning, it went in to Vauxhall, as they were recalling all Astras between 2004 and 2008 to have a circuit board for the horn to be replaced. Anyway, I asked if they could look at the Air-Con and also that after driving for about 50 miles, it starts to judder and misfire when accelerating.
Well, they replaced the circuit board, to find that my horn doesn't work and needs replacing. Then they found the Air-Con needs a new board replacing, that there's a fault in the diagnosis so further testing needs doing, 3 of the tyres are illegal and need replacing, the brake pads need replacing, the rear discs need replacing and the Tie Rods need replacing! All this a week before its insurance is due, and 5 days before its MOT! I've got it booked in to a garage, so that's getting sorted in the morning. I shall be looking at replacing this car when I finish paying for it!

Anyway, moving away from cars, my Mum is currently in hospital with an enflamed pancreas. She had pains on Sunday and has been in ever since. Makes a change that it's not my Dad in there, but can't be nice for him as he struggles by himself. She's keeping me posted via texts though, so she will be fine.

I had to cancel the choir singing at Evensong last Sunday due to lack of numbers. Can't say I was happy about the decision, but it had to be done. I played for the said service, letting Elin (our Organist) have the evening off, so she could stay with her boyfriend in Manchester. Have I mentioned Elin? She's lovely. Really lovely. Sadly she's with James. Ah well.
Still went to the pub on Sunday with Harriet and Dave, and had a nice time :)

Speak soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment