Wednesday 29 August 2012

Sad News

Got a phone call from my Mum last night with bad news. Turns out that my Uncle Terrence died in his sleep on the night of 27th August.

This has come as a great shock, as he was my Mum's younger brother, so he must have been about 56/57, not old at all! He only got married to my Aunt Claire in 2005.

I don't deal well with deaths really. Not in an uncosolable way, more in an awkard sense. On the phone to my Mum, all I could say was 'Oh dear, that's a shame' as I don't know what else to say. Yes I'm sad, but these things never really 'get' me.

I've been called 'cold hearted' in the past, I can see why really. I have a very dark and twisted sense of humour, and deal with situations like this in a very different way to others. It's not that I don't care, not at all. It's just that I don't really know how to react.

Anyway, Rest In Peace Uncle Terry. I'll certainly miss you and your quiet, 'dry-as-a-desert' wit xx

No comments:

Post a Comment